How to choose the right dentist for your dental implant
Need a dental implant and not sure where to start? Not sure what makes this dentist more qualified than the next? Not sure what implant to use or what to pay? Choosing which dentist to oversee your dental implant treatment is a mine field. So many variables.
Let us simplify matters for you.
When choosing a dentist you must ask the right questions!
Is your dentist a qualified and recognised dental provider?
- Ask to see their University qualifications if they aren’t already displayed
- Ask to view their AHPRA registration papers and ask if a member of the Australian Dental Association (ADA)
- Do they have a Medicare provider number?
What additional training have they attended and successfully completed?
- Ask for details of courses they may have attended. Again, ask for evidence of attendance if you doubt your dentist.
How many cases have they completed?
- You won’t be able to see a surgical log but your dentist should be able to show you a portfolio of their work.
- Make sure you can see cases similar to your own
What kind of implant system do you use?
- There are various systems available worldwide. Some are better than others.
- Nobel Biocare is a world leader in dental implants and is the preferred system of most reputable dentists.
What do you do next? Your research. Read reviews online. If practical, speak with patients the dentist has treated. Have multiple consultations until you are happy with the treatment plan.
What you are looking for when choosing a dentist to complete your dental implants?
- Support and backup
- Aesthetic knowledge
- Quality products
Don’t compromise. It isn’t worth the risk.
Considering a dental implant? Do it once, do it right!
Phone Dental 359 on 1300 625 625 now to arrange a consultation.