Should I Whiten My Teeth At Home or In-Office?
Tooth whitening is an elective, cosmetic treatment that will safely improve the aesthetics of your smile by removing persistent staining or discolouration. It is a fast and cost effective way of improving your smile without requiring any invasive dental treatments such as crowns or veneers, both of which require removing the natural tooth structure.
Although tooth whitening is a safe procedure, when carried out by a suitably qualified Dental Professional, there can be some minor side effects such as tooth sensitivity or gum irritation. Your Dental Professional will be able to take steps to ensure your comfort throughout the procedure by providing you with a sensitive toothpaste at your complimentary consultation and applying a desensitising agent to your teeth during the appointment.
At Dental 359 we offer two quality teeth whitening systems both by Phillips.
The In-office Phillips Zoom4! Whitespeed
At Dental 359, our hygienist will take steps to protect your gums before applying a whitening agent to the surface of your teeth, this includes covering the inside of your mouth with a combination of gauze and liquid barrier that sticks to your gums; for this to be effective your teeth must be clean and your gums healthy. We recommend always having a professional scale and polish prior to any tooth whitening to maximise your results.
- Immediate results in just one visit
- Most advanced whitening technology
- Clinically proven to whiten your teeth to their maximum capacity in as little as 45 minutes
- Carried out within a controlled environment and by a trained professional
- Not everyone is a suitable candidate for this treatment
- Treatment does not alter the colour of existing veneers or fillings.
- Tooth sensitivity may occur during the treatment process
The Take-home Phillips Zoom DayWhite
Take home teeth whitening is convenient. You can complete the treatment on your own time and on your own terms. The downside of this, however, is that treatment is only effective to a certain point. It’s difficult to achieve the exact same results you would by having in-office whitening by a professional.
- Custom made trays and high quality hydrogen peroxide gels provided for best results
- Short application time
- Flexibility to use whenever you feel the need to
- Can take up to two weeks to gain desired results
- Not carried out by a professional
- Higher risk of gum irritation occurring
- Requires multiple appointments to manufacture customised trays
- Tooth sensitivity may occur
Deciding Which Is Best For You
Before you choose to have whitening completed here at Dental 359, we highly recommend that you have professional scale and polish appointment. This removes any build-up that can affect the whitening outcome. Whitening works best when your teeth have been professionally cleaned. We can book you in for a professional clean with our Dental Hygienists either a week or two before the whitening appointment and suggest doing so for optimal results.
We can also arrange a complimentary consultation with our lovely Dental Hygienist who can discuss in further detail what you can and cannot expect, and which treatment would best be suited to you
If you would like to schedule a complimentary consultation contact call one of our friendly team at Dental 359.